Thursday, September 26, 2013

I'm Too Old For This



Somehow this week, the stars and planets aligned and the husband is working out of town in Houston and took Ainsley WITH HIM.  This never happens! If I get one night off I get excited let alone an entire week.  Since I'm solo all week when some friends invited me to go check out a new restaurant/bar in Victoria I jumped at the chance.

We started off the night with drinks, then had dinner, followed by a few more drinks(see: 4 glasses of wine and a Mexican Martini). All in all I was feeling pretty good when i got home, until that god awful alarm went off at 5:00 AM.  F.M.L. 

Somehow I managed to stumble to the shower and get my tail somewhat presentable for the office, but it was definitely a challenge, and no amount of makeup was going to fix these blood shot eyes.  When I made it to the office I was in BAD shape, I'm talking headache, shakes, nausea....the whole 9 yards.  Two bottles of water, some Gatorade, half a kolache, and 3 hours later I finally started to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  By the time 5 rolled around I could not wait to get out of there.

Now I'm curled up in bed catching up on blogs and watching Betheny, but you can bet your sweet cheeks this girl will be O-U-T in the next hour, if not sooner.  And I definitely will not be drinking again like that on a school night.....until someone invites me out the next time.


XOXO
Brittany



No comments:

Post a Comment