Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Shopping With A Two Year Old


Yesterday after I picked Ainsley up from daycare I decided to take her to "town" in Victoria for some yummy chick-fil-a and some shopping for Mommy and baby.  Keep in mind as cute as this face is?  Not so cute when she's throwing a fit in the first store because "I no chop mama."
It seems I will never learn my lesson and continue to fly solo on these shopping trips with her.  This time I had the brilliant idea to stop at chik-fil-a in the mall and let her eat in her stroller while I shopped.  This actually did work wonderfully for about 1.4 minutes, then home girl decided she didn't want to sit in the stroller.  I calmly informed her that if she would sit in the stroller and let mommy look at clothes for a few minutes I would take her to the play area.  She then proceded to not-so-calmy (see: put her feet on the wheels and yelled "no chopping!") tell me that this was not a bargain she would like to be party to.

Needless to say after her lovely temper tantrum we left the mall but I did have a few things to pick up so we headed over to Tarjay for a quick stop ( is there such a thing as a quick trip to Target?).  I was able to pick up a few things for her and myself but in order to do so the trip may or may not have included: bribary, telling her repeatedly not to stand up, a cookie, some candy, and threats of timeout....but I got the job done.  Don't judge.

Brittany


No comments:

Post a Comment