Thursday, November 21, 2013

If Only My Parents Knew...

Looking back on my younger years, I was definitely a pretty good kid.  I had a lot of fun, but I told my Dad most of what was going on so I never had to worry about pesky things like a curfew.  In all honesty, if Ainsley is like me, I'm pretty sure we can handle it.  However, if she is anything like her Daddy, we're in T-R-O-U-B-L-E.   My husband was not exactly a shining example of the perfect child, but that's another post for another day.

There are a few things that my parents don't know, and hopefully they won't be too upset if they see this seeing as how all of this happened 10+ years ago(how am I that old?)!  While nothing was too crazy, I definitely could have gotten in a lot more trouble if I had gotten caught so I'm linking up with Two Thirds Hazel to spill all my secrets.

  •  The summer between my junior and senior year, we moved about 45 minutes away from where I'd grown up so I spent most of that summer driving back a few times a week to hang out with all of my friends.  One time I got pulled over on my way for speeding with a half bottle of vodka in my back seat, luckily Mr. Officer either didn't see it or didn't care because he let me go with a warning and I was headed out to the Land of Sugar (Sugar Land, TX).
  •  My first car was a 97 mustang and I would race other friends down a side street to the school parking lot, I also used to go down to Westheimer on Saturday nights with an ex-boyfriend and race my car on occasion.
  • I used to regularly skip 1st period to go eat breakfast with friends.  I was an A/B student so clearly that class wasn't too important ;) 
  • I have really good hand writing so I would write notes for myself and all of my friends to get out of school early.
  • When we stayed at a hotel after prom my junior year, I told my parents that we had separate rooms and that other adults would be there.  There was not any other adults and my boyfriend and along with the presidential suite that our group had, my boyfriend and I got our own room.
 So, what do your parents not know about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment